Fun Facts about Coconut Oil
I love coconut oil so much that I not only have a big jar in my kitchen, but I also keep another jar in my bathroom. It has so many uses! Here are a few fun facts about coconut oil that may also prove pretty useful!
1. Coconut oil can be used for dandruff relief. Massage the oil into your scalp at least twice a week, let it set for 20 minutes, and rinse. This is really helpful for those dry winters!
2. If you rub coconut oil on a bruise, it will disappear faster.
3. Coconut oil has a longer shelf life than most oils. Unlike other oils, it won't go rancid for years.
4. Coconut oil is a great weight loss aid. It contains short and medium-chain fatty acids that help take off weight; in addition, it increases metabolism, which burns more energy.
5. It's a great replacement for tradition lip balm. It's the most natural lip moisturizer on the market, and it feels great!
6. Coconut oil can be applied all over your body. It's a wonderful moisturizer that makes your skin really soft, and it actually delays wrinkles!
7. Coconut oil contains anti-viral properties that reduce the risk of influenza, measles, herpes, and other illnesses. It's even believed to help reduce susceptibility of HIV.
8. It helps protect the body from breast, colon, and other cancers.
9. Coconut oil raises good cholesterol and reduces bad cholesterol. It can actually clear artery blockages and protect your heart.
10. It promotes the development of strong bones and teeth, thereby protecting against osteoporosis.
11. It helps dissolve kidney stones.
12. It reduces inflammation.
13. Coconut oil kills bacteria that cause throat infections, urinary tract infections, pneumonia, and other diseases.
14. Coconut oil can be used instead of deodorant. No chemicals or suspicious ingredients!
15. Using coconut oil instead of acne cream can reduce irritation, unclog pores, and clear skin.
16. It can be applied directly to a topical infection. The coconut oil forms a chemical layer which prevents dust, air, and bacteria from getting inside the infection.
17. Coconut oil helps with the absorption of other vitamins, minerals, and amino acids.
18. It improves digestion. Enough said.
19. Coconut oil can be used in place of traditional chemical lice treatments.
20. Coconut oil has a high smoking point and does not form dangerous by-products when heated.