Coconut oil is an all-natural alternative to lotions and other moisturizers. It makes your skin really soft and smooth. It's also anti-aging because it delays the onset of wrinkles!
Coconut oil is also good for your hair. It works as a deep conditioner, making hair soft and managable. It also prevents dandruff! I've been using it as a hair treatment for several months now. I've always had thin and stringy hair, but when I use it consistently, my hair is stronger and softer. I love the way it feels. I do this once a week, using raw, organic coconut oil.
Here is how to use coconut oil as a hair treatment:
1. Rinse your hair, then comb and pat out some of the excess water.
2. Coconut oil is a solid at room temperature, so at certain times of the year you may need to melt a little bit over the stove.
3. Pour about two tablespoons of the oil into a squeeze bottle. Use more or less depending on hair length.
4. Squeeze a thin but even layer of oil all over your hair, making sure to get the ends.
5. Clip up your hair and leave it for at least two hours, but as long as overnight.
6. After time is up, wash your hair as normal.